A Letter From Dr. Ashley
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to taking care of you and your family safely.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes we made to help protect our patients and team when it is time for your dental appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office for your procedure. (See below for a list of example screening questions.)
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer the newspaper, magazines, and children’s toys since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We also are working to reduce the number of people present in our treatment rooms. We are asking that any visitor accompanying a patient wait in the reception area or their vehicle unless they are absolutely needed in the treatment room with the patient and that they bring their own face covering to wear from the entire time they are in the treatment area.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back into our practice!
Ashley Ulmer DDS